I'm not sure what you are trying to teach me exactly on this God. Simon the Sorcerer who was a sorcerer saw the miracles taht Philip did and the teachings he proclaimed and decided to give his life to Christ. I think the application of this is how the nature of the things of god should be unexplainable even to people who already possess that characteristic.
For someone who is naturally selfless they would see how not only selfless but sacrifical I am and backed by the word of God they would connect with God. To someone who is a 'good' person they would see the love that is shown by christians and as they see it and hear God's word they would desire God himself.
I feel like most of the time I am one or the other. I either talk alot about God and expect people to desire God based on what I say or I want to love a lot and become the person and live the life that God has called me to live, but I don't speak of God or the things of God much. Balance between the tension is when God effectively works through me. As I look back the times that I have been personally the most effective at reaching out to other people has been when I not only talked about God but showed through my actions who God is as well. A verse that I'm thinking about that is in the bible study that we're doing tonight is in 1 John 4:12 "No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us."
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment